With the holidays coming up (way too fast, might I add) I’ve compiled a list of my top 10 favorite holiday classic movies. And not necessarily in order either. I can’t pick favorites!
1. Mixed Nuts. If you haven’t seen this nutty movie about two people who work for a suicide hotline, a serial killer on the loose, and a cross dressing Liev Shreiber, do yourself a favor. Please.
2. The Holiday. It’s cheesy. It’s campy. But dang it, I like it. Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz switch houses (and countries) in this holiday movie. Image Credit.
3. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Do I need to explain WHY this movie is awesome? No. Image Credit.
7. Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas. This has been a favorite since childhood. I had a few bottles of wine last year with a friend and watched it again, and it’s still just as good. Image Credit.
9. It’s a Wonderful Life. Nothing will make a family man feel less like he threw his adventurous life away for kids and a wife more than realizing that everyone’s lives would have sucked without him. Image Credit
10. Love Actually. There are a LOT of characters in this British all star cast I could do without, but in a movie where a guy from London can come to Milwaukee, Wisconsin to hook up with easy women, and where Liam Neeson and Colin Firth are the main men of a movie, there are many reasons this is in my top 10.
I know I left a lot of movies out… like all of the childhood classics from Rudolph, to The Grinch, to Frosty the Snowman, A Christmas Story, Prancer, and the one where Tim Allen becomes Santa. But there are so many classics, and remakes of classics every year it’s hard to keep track. Happy Holidays!