So as I hit the 29 1/2 year old mark, I saw a post on someone’s page about “30 before 30.” Like, 30 things they want to accomplish before hitting the 30 year old mark. Now I’m thinking, what do I want to do before 30? Well, the truth is, I don’t have a list. I don’t. I don’t want to set myself up for failure and in 6 months be whining about how far I thought I would be by now… So instead I will come up with a 30 before 60 list. That’s a little more reasonable, right?
1. Get a Master’s Degree. (Hopefully by 40.)
2. Travel to Maine and eat a lobster. A cooked one.
3. Buy a house and fix it up.
4. Travel to Europe.
5. Learn another language.
6. Have some kids and teach them how to be awesome.
7. Be financially stable. 401K, health insurance, savings, all that jazz.
8. Fix my fading tattoo. And get another one.
9. Run a sucessful business.
10. Make a difference in the world.
11. Live in a town that i’m happy to be a part of.
12. Marry (Or just be with long term) the man I love and can’t see myself being with anyone else.
13. Throw an amazing dinner party, and have cooked all the food.
14. Be able to afford an awesome vintage car. Even if I have to fix it myself.
15. Go to an amazing flea market, and spend the day shopping.
16. Travel to Georgia, New Orleans, and be a total tourist.
17. Try a new hairstyle/ color.
18. Run a marathon.
19. Be happy with the physical shape i’m in.
20. Volunteer for a good cause.
21. Publish a memoir.
22. Take another road trip. One where I can enjoy the drive.
23. Have an awesome studio/ craft room.
24. Learn to love winter. Or better yet, not hate winter.
25. Have 20/20 vision.
26. Have happy, healthy children that don’t despise me. And be able to help them in college.
27. Take one day and ride a bike to a farmer’s market, buy fresh food, cook it, and be happy I did so.
28. See both oceans again.
29. Live life making wise choices.
30. Not regret a single thing.
Happy list making!